Maximizing talent to make a difference
Career Opportunities at Medexus Pharma, Inc.
The spirit of entrepreneurship is encouraged throughout our organization. We believe that creativity, originality, and inventiveness are essential to our growth and development. At Medexus Pharma, Inc. ideas are valued and accomplishments are rewarded. We hire talented individuals with innovative ideas and contributions, and our collaborative culture ensures that every one of those individuals has the opportunity to grow professionally and personally and contribute at a high level.
We are looking for hard-working and committed individuals who want to take on new challenges and help us fulfill our promise to patients. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment and have a desire to make a difference, Medexus Pharma may be the ideal place for you.
The Quality/Compliance Coordinator will report to the Director of Quality/Compliance and will be responsible for acting as a Document Coordinator in our quality management system, managing product quality complaints with internal and external customers, maintaining compliance reporting schedules for state and federal submission, and other department tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a pharmacovigilance or complaint processing call center and be familiar with HIPAA requirements in the pharmaceutical/medical field. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal – are required, as well as the ability to work independently on multiple tasks and produce high quality work under tight deadlines. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint are also required. An Associate or Bachelor degree is preferred or related job experience. This position will work in our corporate office in Chicago.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
The Senior Director, Human Resources will report to the General Manager and will provide HR leadership to support the achievement of business objectives, goals, and company values within Medexus Pharma in the United States. The Senior Director, Human Resources will work across multiple functions to ensure oversight and strategic delivery of key objectives that connect to business strategy. The Senior Director, Human Resources will serve as a trusted advisor to the General Manager, Compensation Committee and Functional Leads on HR matters such as Equity, Succession Planning, Executive Compensation, Leadership Development and Company Culture. Direct reports include the Sr Manager, Human Resources and Human Resources Coordinator, and the position will partner with staff in the development of a world-class HR strategy.
- A minimum of 10 years progressive HR leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field; degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development and/or master’s degree preferred; SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPRH certification highly preferred
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism
- Strong consensus building, conflict resolution and consultative skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence as part of a business team; approachable and an effective communicator with people across all levels in the organization
- Experience managing complex human resources issues in a high growth, fast paced environment
SPECIALIST, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Specialist, Information Technology will join our IT team to support the technology functions required of the company. The primary responsibility of the position will be to provide support for end users and assist in IT administration. The Specialist, Information Technology will be responsible for maintaining a high level of user satisfaction with IT Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation and maintenance of personal computers and tablets within the organization
- Provide support for Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS, Microsoft Office and pharmaceutical specific software
- Provide direct and phone support to all company end users for company equipment (printers, copiers, tablets and smart phones).
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience supporting users in a corporate environment with a mix of Microsoft and Apple technologies and a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting cloud-based applications. Experience in a pharmaceutical, GxP, or healthcare environment is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10, MacOS and iOS
- Knowledge of cloud system administration including Office365 and Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of scripting/programming for task automation
- Knowledge of basic SQL for common database tasks
- A mix of interpersonal and technical skills to support users while maintaining the IT infrastructure
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a very diverse range of tasks
MEDICAL SCIENCE DIRECTOR
- Northeast Region
- Midwest Region
- Southeast Region
- MidSouth Region
- West Region
The Medical Science Director functions as a highly trained, field-based, scientific expert who engages health care professionals and external experts in a defined region in the exchange of clinical, scientific, and research information on Medexus Pharma’s portfolio of products. He/she is responsible for developing and maintaining professional relationships with key stakeholders within their territory including healthcare professionals, Investigators, Medical Thought Leaders, Advocacy organizations, Payors and Managed Care organizations, research scientists, government employees, etc. These interactions will be conducted in a compliant manner, and in accordance with all local, state, and national regulations and guidelines. Through scientific exchange, the Medical Science Director will collect key insights on disease states of interest, along with insights on key competitive markets, to share cross-functionally within various Medexus sub-functions. The Medical Science Director will also serve as a scientific partner and subject matter expert to internal colleagues and stakeholders. This position will report to the Senior Director, Medical Sciences and will require up to 50% travel.
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline (MD, PharmD, PhD, etc)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- 3+ years of field medical experience preferred, particularly in hematology, oncology, or related field
- Product launch experience strongly desired..
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment.
REGIONAL BUSINESS DIRECTOR
The Regional Business Director (RBD) will be responsible for leading Key Account Managers within an assigned region to achieve all assigned goals and sales strategies, and to maintain compliance with Medexus Pharma’s policies that govern field sales activity. This position will report to the Vice President of Sales and will closely collaborate with other functional areas within Medexus Pharma to create an environment for success.
- Bachelors’ degree in business or science, masters’ degree preferred.
- Must have extensive, progressive pharmaceutical sales experience including field sales and/or hospital/academic institution sales, with a minimum of five years of sales management experience, preferably in the oncology/hematology transplant market.
- Be highly strategic, with a comprehensive understanding of all facets of the pharmaceutical commercialization process, with relevant experience in a tightly controlled regulatory environment.
- Solutions oriented – highly creative at identifying new and different ways to solve problems
- Have strong organizational, coaching, planning and implementation skills, with an orientation toward prioritization and meeting multiple deadlines.
- The successful candidate will live in a major city with close proximity to a major airport hub Extensive travel (up to 80%) will be required.
FIELD REIMBURSEMENT MANAGER
The Field Reimbursement Manager will help resolve oncology hospital and transplant center patient-specific reimbursement, coding, precertification, and appeals issues related to Medexus Pharma products as a HIPAA compliant business associate. The Field Reimbursement Manager will also educate hospital and transplant center staff on coding, support services and payer coverage/medical policies for Medexus products. The Field Reimbursement Manager is a critical front-line member of the Medexus organization and will work across multiple internal stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Trade, and Reimbursement Support Hotline to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in life science or business; a minimum of 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry; 2 years of experience in a reimbursement role supporting hospitals and clinics with medical coding, claims/billing processes and submissions to both private and government insurers for pharmaceutical products that are used inpatient and reimbursed under a DRG or Case Rate; strong interpersonal skills. Coding certification such as Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Medical Coder (CMC) is strongly desired. Candidate must live in close proximity to a major airport hub. Extensive travel (up to 80%) will be required.
SCIENTIST/PROCESS ENGINEER – Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) and Tech Transfer
The Scientist/Process Engineer for MSAT and Tech Transfer will support late stage and commercial phase biologics and small molecules including technical and scientific aspects of drug substance and drug product manufacturing. Responsibilities include routine manufacturing support (batch record review and contract manufacturer oversight), providing technical expertise and scientific support for manufacturing changes, deviations, CAPA, and root cause analysis. The Scientist/Process Engineer will also develop and execute process control strategies for continuous process verification (CPV), design and execute process capability assessments; participate in process and technology transfer; act as person-in-plant (PIP) and as a Medexus representative at contract manufacturers inside and outside the US (when travel is deemed safe). The Scientist/Process Engineer – MSAT and Tech Transfer will report to the Director, Program Management and Operations.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s and/or a graduate degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Technology or related discipline. Six or more years in Biotech/Pharma with expertise in biologics manufacturing including cell culture, purification, formulation and drug product fill is necessary for this role. A minimum of three years’ experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment on the biologics manufacturing floor and/or as a PIP is required. Strong working knowledge of FDA, EMA, and ICH guidelines as applied to late stage and commercial phase biologics and experience with regulatory agency inspections is preferred.